Hi,

I can't say if this is the final root of your problem but you should start by fixing the repository definitions in your settings.xml and see if that helps:

Srinivasan Chikkala schrieb:

Any help on how to get the latest maven-ant-plugin ( maven-ant-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) ?

I am trying to use the latest maven-ant-plugin, but when I execute "mvn ant:ant" after setting the settings.xml entry <mirror>
           <id>repo1</id>
           <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
           <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
       </mirror>

'http://repo1.maven.org/maven2' *is* the URL of central, so you are effectivly mirroring central with itself. You can savely just leave that definition out.

       <mirror>
           <id>snapshot.apache.org</id>
           <url>http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
           <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
       </mirror>

'http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository' *is not* a mirror of central. It contains just the snapshot releases of ASF artifacts. This should just be a regular repository definition in your settings [1].

-Tim

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-snapshot-repositories.html

[...]