Hi,

I'm new to Maven, and now have a basic understanding of the Goal:Phase
notation in Maven to do sth.

My question is, regarding an unfamiliar goal, how can I know what phases are
available?

I do think there should be a common way for all the maven goals to provide
some help information, e.g. the usage of the goal and all its available
phases and their purposes, respectively.

e.g. for every shell command we have the -h or --help option to get help and
usage information, then what about we incorporate this convention into the
maven world and let every goal define a phase named "help" to do that?

Thanks
Roger