Wendy's answer is the correct one. The documentation I pointed to is buggy. I will file that in jira.

-Tim

Tim Kettler schrieb:
Hi,

Andrew Leer schrieb:
I don't understand where the archetype/test directories came from:

I guess your testproject has a groupId artifactId of:

  <groupId>com.mooo</groupId>
  <artifactId>archetype.test</artifactId>

and this gets converted to the shown package structure. See here [1]. It's a little bit cryptic but when you look at the example at the bottom, you see that both groupId and artifactId are used for the package hierachy.

-Tim

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/examples/simple.html

<pre>
Java6TestProjectFromAboveArcheType
|   Java6TestArtifactFromArcheType.txt
|   pom.xml

\---src
   +---main
   |   \---java
   |       \---com
   |           \---mooo
   |               \---archetype <-- ****Where did this come from?****
   |                   \---test
   |                           App.java

   \---test
       \---java
           \---com
               \---mooo
                   \---archetype <-- ****Where did this come from?****
                       \---test
                               AppTest.java

</pre>

I was actually expecting it to turn out more like the following:
(note that the archetype/test directories are both gone)

<pre>
Java6TestProjectFromAboveArcheType
|   Java6TestArtifactFromArcheType.txt
|   pom.xml