I have a simple plugin which I can export from eclipse no problem as a jar
file. I have set up my pom.xml to be the same as that described on the usage
page. However no jar gets created only a zip file and the structure inside
the zip file is 1 level too deep to be able to use the zip file as is in
eclipse plugins folder. ie the zip file is called something like
com.alphabet.soup_1.1.0.zip and within it the top level folder is called
com.alphabet.soup_1.1.0, with all of the plugin stuff below that.

I have tried a number of different things to get round this and have made
the following observations:

1. It seems that the generated build always does the clean, build.jars and
zip.plugin targets. If I specify a target via the pom.xml ie

<configuration>
        <target>build.update.jar</target>
          <eclipseInstall>K:\eclipseTarget\eclipse</eclipseInstall>
          <antVerbose>true</antVerbose>
          <buildProperties>
                <target>build.update.jar</target>
          </buildProperties>
        </configuration>

it adds it to the existing command line with the above mentioned targets as
-Dtarget=build.update.jar but doesn't seem to get executed.

2. using this in the configuration seems to have no effect :

          <eclipseBuildScriptProperties>
                        <outputUpdateJars>true</outputUpdateJars>
          </eclipseBuildScriptProperties>

3. The sample plugin from the tutorial also builds a zp file which doesn't
work directly in eclipse (seems to have the extra top level directory
problem also)

My version of eclipse is Version: 3.2.2
Build id: M20070212-1330

What can I do to get pde-maven to generate my plugin properly  - help please
its driving me crazy now. Any advice at all would be welcome.