Hello Dennis,

i just found this line in the jsp spec 1.1:

  5.2.1 Packaged Tag Libraries
            JSP page authoring tools are required to accept a Tag Library
that is packaged as a JAR file.
            When packaged sot he JAR file must have a tag library descriptor
file named META-INF/taglib.tld.

After all those years i have just learned something new. I always extracted
taglibs, added the taglib mappings to the web.xml and thats it. I do not
know why. Never asked myself.

And so i can ask myself from now on as well: why would i continue to want
that? And i can answer then: because i can.

But of course i will change this behaviour just from today on. :-)

Thank you a lot.