Hello,

I have a unit test which tests a shell script. This shell script calls java code, so it fails under Maven, because the java coded launched by the shell script doesn't have a complete classpath. I can work around this by using <useSystemClassloader>, but it turns out this was breaking my embedded tomcat.

So I'm wondering, is there any way to export Maven's classworlds configuration through an environment variable so I can call System.exec() on some java code and have it work?

If not (and this would actually be preferable), is there any way in Maven to run tests on an assembly (or other distributable)? If I could do that, I could write tests and have them test a fully built distributable, which would let the shell scripts assemble the classpath the same way we do in production, which would make the test much more realistic.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Josh

--
Joshua ChaitinPollak