Hello,
As part of my build process, I run the mvn install command so that once a jar is built, it is added to my local repository. What I end up with is the jar along with the full pom of the project used to build that jar.

The problem I run into is that when I try to build another project that depends on this jar that I just built jar, it blows up because of that pom.xml that was added into the repository from the jar I just built. See, I define all my jar versions in a settings.xml and this works fine but somehow when it sees that pom.xml, it gets confused and cannot pickup any versions.

If I go and delete that pom.xml from the repository, for the jar I just built, then I try to build the project that depends on that jar, it builds fine. Strange.....

Anyway, is there a setting I can define so that when I run the mvn install command, it just installs the jar and not the pom.xml into the repository? Or is there some setting I need to define to tell a build not to look at the pom for a jar that it is dependent on?

I know I can do it on the command line by saying *Dgeneratepom=false* but I want to be able to do this automatically when I build and install to the repository (one command mvn install). It works just that it puts the pom in as well.

Regards,
Mark