I've changed the AbstractPluginPackagingMojo.java to accept 'binary-plugin':

<code>
if ((packaging.equals("pom")) /*|| (packaging.equals("binary-plugin"))*/) {
</code>

and changed the package and install phase in the components.xml:

<package>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:attach-descriptor
</package>
<install>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-psteclipse-plugin:install
</install>

it works (for me)B-)