I am trying to do automated and semi automated builds so I will look at Continum as it seems to add a lot of value with Maven/Subversion integration.

Regards,
Mark

Graham Leggett wrote:
On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 10:06 -0400, Mark Eramo wrote:

   Can anyone point me to detailed information and maybe some examples
on how to integrate maven and subversion. Ideally I would like to be
able to have the build fetch the latest code from subversion before I do
the build. I have looked at the documentation on the Maven site but I am
looking for more information then that on how to actually use the
commands.

What are you trying to achieve by doing this?

Usually a developer would not want to do an update before they do a build,
just in case that update conflicts with their code at that point, which
would then have to be dealt with immediately and not at a time convenient
to a developer.

If you are trying to do automated builds, then a continuous integration
tool like Continuum (amongst others) should do the trick. Continuum will
update the code, and if the code has changed, build the code, and if the
build broke, notify people of this.

What you should do all depends on the problem you are trying to solve.

Regards,
Graham