I ran the

    mvn archetype:create ...
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-j2ee-simple

command to create a j2ee directory structure ant its associated POM.XML
files.  Top level directory contains both a src folder and a pom.xml
file that contains the <packaging>pom</packaging> directive.  From what
I can ascertain, this will go and invoke other pom.xml files based upon
the <modules>, but how do I get it to actually build any src that I have
contained in the high level source folder?

The structure that is builds is pretty close to the recommended sun
blueprint for a j2ee project so I'd like to be able to have both src
folder and other subdirectories that contain other pom.xml files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric