Hi,

I have a pom with two custom plugin configurations, both of which
require access to virtually identical <configuration> xml.  I'd like
to be able to declare the common xml in some way

I've tried using xml entities

<!DOCTYPE project [
  <!ENTITY config "<config goes here...>">
]>

&config;

But this fails with a XppPullparserException

I've also tried using a property to hold the escaped xml, but this
fails as the escaped version isn't parsed correctly

Is there any mechanism in mvn2 to allow the re-use of arbitrary xml
snippets within the same pom (and no I cannot put common stuff in a
parent pom, this isn't an option right now)

Thanks,
Kev