Shouldn't ${basedir} be resolved correctly on both windows and *nix?
If that's the case, you could try using the '/' separator, since this works
both on *nix and windows...
However, if ${basedir} is not correctly resolved, you will probably still have
the same issues...

On Friday 07 September 2007 17:08, Andrew Leer wrote:
> Thanks Wayne...
>
> Submitted a bug...
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3198
>
> Thanks,
>     Andrew J.Leer
>
> On 9/7/07, Wayne Fay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > There are *always* some small differences in environments. Therefore,
> > profiles are a way of handling those differences in Maven.
> >
> > ${file.separator} is simply not valid/available at this time for use
> > in the pom. Feel free to file an RFE.
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> > On 9/7/07, Andrew Leer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hello,

> > > Doesn't the defeat the purpose of having an environment portable build?
> > >
> > > And when I use ${basedir} I can't insert two ${file.separator}'s
> > > inside of that variable.
> > >
> > > I.E.
> > >
> > > ${basedir}=C:\workspace\dev\projectTest
> > > (under windows)
> > >
> > > I can't add an extra path separator that way....
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > >      Andrew J. Leer

> > > <log.app.directory>${basedir}${file.separator}log${file.separator}</log
> > >.app.directory>

> > > C:\\dev\\workspace\\archetypesTest\\log\\SimpleTest21-1.0-SNAPSHOT_test
> > >.log

Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27