You could use the offline-mode (-o), but this will also cut off any other
dependencies from being resolved (if they are not available).

The best solution will probably be to add the POM for that project in a
company-wide repository and add that repo in your POM.

On Monday 10 September 2007 16:10, Ritz, Martin wrote:
> It doesn't work.
> Another idea?
>
> Martin
>

> You can try setting the version in your dependency declaration to [1.0]
> which will "lock down" the version, and then Maven should realize that you
> already have those artifacts in your local repo cache, and it doesn't need
> to run out and look for updates.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 9/10/07, Ritz, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > thx for the quick answer.
> > Here a bit longer description:
> > I have some dependencies which I added manually to my local repo
> > because they are not available in the remote repository. Now everytime
> > I build my project maven tries to update this dependency which is not
> > availble in the remote repo.
> > command line output:
> > --------------
> > Downloading:
> > http://commons.ucalgary.ca/pub/m2/***/***/***/1.0/***-1.0.pom
> > Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/***/***/***/1.0/***-1.0.pom
> > --------------
> >
> > This job is not necessary and costs time... so I want to prevent it.
> >
> > How can I force Maven to skip this check because I know for sure this
> > dependency isn't in the remote repo.
> >

> > Martin

> > Its not clear what you are trying to do and why. Please explain things
> > better.
> >
> > In the meantime, you can use "mvn -o ..." for "offline mode" which
> > will force Maven to use only the artifacts available on your machine
> > for a given build.
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> > On 9/7/07, Ritz, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Ho Maven Users,
> > >
> > > I searched a lot around but couldn't find the answer to my question:
> > > How can I prevent maven from update manually added dependencies?
> > > Scope provided and system doesn't match my requirements - is there a
> > > way of doing in a other way?
> > >
> > > Thx alot
> > > ---
> > > Martin Ritz

> > > mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27