Perhaps filtering [1] will help you out?

Andy

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/ index.html#How_do_I_filter_resource_files

On 7 Sep 2007, at 21:38, Juan Ignacio Garzón wrote:

Hi!

I have read the Settings Reverence [1], and in the section
"Properties" there is a paragraph saying:

"x : Set within a <properties /> element or an **external files**, the
value may be used as ${someVar} ."

Is there a way to define properties in an external file, in the same
way as Ant? I would like to have all my passwords (for example, for
database connections) stored in only one place and isolated from the
rest of my properties. I prefer having them outside settings.xml and
pom.xml.

Thanks in advance!!

[1] http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Profiles