I have been using Maven for quite sometime and this is the first JDK6 project
POM I have created. I am running into a compilation issue using the
compiler:compile goal... This is what I get

annotations are not supported in -source 1.3
(use -source 5 or higher to enable annotations)
@WebService

I have my JAVA_HOME env variable set to point to JDK6 and I can compile the
java file fine using javac command but when I try using mvn compile I
receive the above error... I feel like a goof not being able to figure this
one out. Is there a way to set in the Maven POM file the JDK version to
compile against???

Thanks for anyone's help in advance...

-Kyle