"Steve Z" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello, I want to know how to define default file encoding.
>
> first, could I specify file encoding when creating:
> mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app ...
> such as appending one param like this <b>-Dencoding=UTF-8</b>
> so the generated files(pom.xml,index.jsp....etc.) are UTF-8 encoding
> definitely.
>
> others, could I specify one default encoding in one place and one time?
> such as for resource,compiler... all the plugin with writing capacity.

This is not maven specifice: You can use file.encoding system property
to force Java to use a certain encoding for characters I/O. This is
usually set according to your current locale setting, YMMV.

eg.

$> export MAVEN_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

HTH
--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.