I have just used maven exec plugin a log lately, here is a sample of
command I used to run my app:

mvn -q exec:java -DappHome=.
-Dexec.mainClass=cnx.aspect.client.cli.RunBean
-Dexec.args="conf/beans.xml main"

One thing I notice is that if you specified a mainClass that doesn't
exists, you get NPE that doesn't tell you anything at all. So double
check this!

Hope this helps.
-Z

On 9/14/07, Nick Stolwijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Have a look at the Maven Exec Plug-In [1].
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick Stolwijk
>
> [1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/exec-maven-plugin/
>
> Manos Batsis wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking for the "proper" way to do that (synchronously, if that
> > makes sense), can it be org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineUtils?
> > I would appreciate any pointers.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Manos

/bugslayer