Hi,
I understand this problem is more of Eclipse related, but it also
involves Maven setup, so I thought maybe one of users here would have
come across the same problem and give me some help.

I have a webapp project setup in Eclipse Europa with Tomcat6.0, and I
am using m2eclipse plugin. In my part of my pom.xml I have the
following:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
      <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.5</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
      <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.1</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

When I run it inside eclipse, the webapp startup fine, but when I hit
any jsp page I get the following:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 22 in the generated java file
The method getJspApplicationContext(ServletContext) is undefined for
the type JspFactory

Stacktrace:
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:423)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)
        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:566)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Much thanks,
--
/bugslayer