We have a module that requires it to be released, while it does compile fine
and works correctly the test cases fail.
We just want to release it without running the tests.

When I try 'mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true release:prepare' the tests still run.

It seems that the release plugin does some sort of fork or something that
doesn't take into account this property.

Am I missing something, or will I have to delete the tests from our SCM just to
get this release out?

Steve