I have a custom Java Maven 2 plug-in where if a certain condition is
met, I want the build of the project calling this plug-in to terminate.
When I tried putting System.exit(0) into the catch block inside the
plug-in, the build did not terminate.  When I had put System.exit(0)
into the code, the build terminate, but I did not see a Build Failure
message, the build process just terminated without any message from
Maven.  How do I properly cause a build to terminate so that Maven
returns the message of the build failing with the total time elapsed.
Thank you.

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any
action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]