From: Bernd Stolle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 3:53 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Repos Managers : Archiva, artifactory, proximity, file://

Julien Graglia wrote:
> I also have heard about proximity, but the live demo  is down since ..
> pfui... 2 months... not sure I want to use that..

Apparently they are restructuring the site. You can get an (older) SVN
snapshot
here: http://proximity.abstracthorizon.org/deploy/nightly/

SVN shows recent activity:
http://trac.abstracthorizon.org/proximity/browser

> So here is my question : what do you use? any of those 4 "repos
> manager", another?
>
> Here is my needs :
>     use it as a maven repository
>     deploy artifacts (file or dav...) : snapshots and releases
>     clean olds snapshots

I used Artifactory for a while and was not happy with the database
storage and
the configuration, so i decided to try Proximity instead:

    pro:
        quicker than Artifactory
        stores artifacts in the filesystem
        supports multiple repositories with multiple sources
        supposedly supports WebDAV (untested)
        nightly snapshot remover job
    cons:
        configuration is "experts only", you manually have to modify the
spring
configuration to add/remove repositories
        cached artifacts don't get indexed automatically for the search
site, so
you manually have to wait for the reindex job, or trigger it manually

MfG,

Bernd