> It is interesting why maven is so hard to understand? Why it is not well
> documented? (It is all my own opinions)
> I haven't so much probmlems with Ant, for example.

Here are the problems I have had:
 - unclear where maven ends and plugins take over
 - unclear what versions of the plugins are in use
 - unclear where the plugins come from, and who are responsible
 - sparse documentation, where the docs on the web may be for a
   different version of the plugin than the one you're using (I've
   seen a case where the documentation on the web was for a version of
   the plugin that hadn't been relased yet)
 - bugs in the plugins that require workarounds (and different people
   deploying maven at different points in time, may end up with
   different versions of the plugins which require different
   workarounds)
 - a bug in maven proper that has stuck us on version 2.0.4

These are from the top of my head.