Denis Bessmertniy wrote:

Now I recall words from one of our team member: "I my last project we
started to use maven and then we refused to use it because it was hard. Then
we started to use Ant, and that is ok."

The problem with ant is that it lets you do anything, and that is its key weakness.

Many developers in my experience don't care in the slightest about builds, or repeatability or release management. Of course these same developers refuse to acknowledge the problem when there is a bug in a production system, and it turns out nobody can reproduce the bug because the code wasn't built from a clean tag but rather from the working copy of somebody's PC.

Maven applies discipline to the project to prevent this mess, but in doing so it necessary needs to stop the developer from moving away from best practise. Developers by and large don't discipline themselves, so they need a carrot to attract them to using maven - and that carrot is ease of use.

If maven doesn't become easy to use again, people will move away from it, and an important tool will be lost.

Regards,
Graham