Hi All,
Im trying to get my project to work which has a custom build directory (and
no, I cannot use the recommended maven structure) and I need to use the war
plugin to get all my resources sorted out.

Currently its mostly going ok, but im having trouble with the web.xml file.

my project is like this:

/webApp/WEB-INF/web.xml

and if I ommit the <webXml> option from the maven-war-plugin configuration,
I get this error:

[INFO] Error assembling WAR: Deployment descriptor:
D:\Kits\eclipse\workspace109\witol\target\WITOL-109\WEB-INF\web.xml does not
exist.

so I put it in like this:

<webXml>webApp/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>

But for some reason, its puts it in the root dir of the target output like
this:

/WEB-INF/web.xml

(along with some other files... to make things confusing)

but I want it like this:

/webApp/WEB-INF/web.xml

So this is my setup for the war plugin

<plugin>
        <version>2.0.2</version>
       <configuration>

<warSourceExcludes>webApp/WEB-INF/src/**/*.java</warSourceExcludes>

        <webResources>
                <resource>
                           <directory>webapp</directory>
                           <excludes>