Steinar Bang wrote:
"Tomasz Pik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Configure plugins in profiles in parent pom and activate profiles in
child poms?  This won't be automatic (I do not know if there's a way
to activate profile using packaging, maybe there's?) - you'll need
to add avtivation to child poms but should solve problem with
storing configuration in one place.

Yes, I was wondering about if profiles could be triggered by
packaging, and if that was a way to go...?

I had the same problem and you might find some background and suggestions in this thread:

http://www.nabble.com/How-to-activate-profile-for-certain-packaging--tf4243177s177.html#a12074301

However, we endet up checking for the existence of a certain directory that our homegrown deployment plugin pulls it's code in and activating the profile when that directory does exist. That has proven the most stable approach in the current situation.

-Gisbert

--
Gisbert Amm
Softwareentwickler Infrastruktur

1&1 Internet AG
Elgendorfer Strasse 57
56410 Montabaur

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Andreas Gauger (Vorsitzender), Matthias Greve, Henning Ahlert, Norbert Lang, Achim Weiss, Robert Hoffmann,