I've only written one pom.xml with only a several dependencies clauses but
I'm feeling a lot of dismay.

I'm using the Q eclipse maven plug in to select dependencies from the
repositories. I am spending a lot of time getting jar files that will
download. Since the eclipse plugin gives several (for example) spring or
junit jars, I pick the first one and then I typically get that error message
that tells me to download the jar file manually and then install it
manually. If I select different spring.jar or junit.jar I have eventually
been able to make it work.

1.      Why do I need make several tries before I find a junit.jar or a
spring.jar (for example) that will not give me that message and download
correctly?
2.      How do I download a jar manually? Can I use wget?
3.      Why is there such a long delay when I do have a successful download?
I typically have to exit eclipse, wait 10 minutes and restart eclipse
several times before I can see the jar files show up. (Perhaps this is off
topic and should be posted in the mailing list for the Q plug-in). I have
exited eclipse and when the windows disappear I assume I have exited
eclipse. Then when I restart eclipse immediately, it won't start on the
default workspace because there is another eclipse instance running. So then
I use the task manager to kill the renegade eclipse.exe that does not have
any windows and then I can start eclipse again. But then the maven jar files
have not downloaded. Could it be that the renegade eclipse.exe was taking an
extra long time to download the jar files? When I download with wget or a
browser, for example, I generally average 180Kbytes a second. Why would
maven/eclipse need 10 minutes for a junit download?

Thanks,

Siegfried