You are right...I checked the maven lifecycle and re-doing my tests, my first idea works ! I don't know why it didn't work,
probably I did a lot of confusion during my attempts.

Thanks a lot
ste

Tomislav Stojcevich wrote:
Ah, I see what you are trying to do now.  Although according to the
maven lifecycle the resources should get processed before the compile.
 http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
 so it should be working.

I think you can get your end result by manually binding the resource
plugin to the generate sources phase but it seems like a lot of extra
work just to get a version in the file.

Does your SCM tool provide keyword substitution upon commit?  You
might be able to have it inject the file's scm version.  It won't be
the same as your maven project version but if you have everything
tagged in your SCM tool you should be able to map it back to a
specific tag.

  ()     Stefano Nichele                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_.----._  Funambol Servers Tech Lead