See http://maven.apache.org/doxia/book/index.html

The section titles need to match the source documents name, eg

<section>
  <id>section-1</id>
</section>

will get the source from a file apt/section-1.apt, or xdoc/section-1.xml, etc. You don't have to specify a title tag inside a section, the title will be taken from the source document. Actually I don't know what the file tag is for, you certainly don't need it...

HTH,
-Lukas

Giovanni Pedone wrote:
hello,
may you please publish a quick tutorial on how to set up dozia and use it ?

I have a maven project with documentantion generated by "maven site" given a
set of xdoc documents under src/site/xdoc with a maven site.xml for
generation.

I would like to generate the same docs thru doxia maven plugin and get the
output into different formats.

How can I do that?
I dont understand if I need to have the content files named exactly like the
sections id defined in the book.xml.
Also do I MUST specify title and file tags elements inside the section
element of book.xml ?

When I tried the following then I got this error:

[INFO] [doxia:render-books]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at $Proxy0.text(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.docbook.DocBookParser.handleText(DocBookParser
.java:686)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.parser.AbstractXmlParser.parseXml(AbstractXmlParser.j
ava:96)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.parser.AbstractXmlParser.parse(AbstractXmlParser.java
:53)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.DefaultDoxia.parse(DefaultDoxia.java:59)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.book.services.renderer.AbstractITextBookRenderer.rend
erSection(AbstractITextBookRenderer.java:260)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.book.services.renderer.AbstractITextBookRenderer.rend
erChapter(AbstractITextBookRenderer.java:216)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.book.services.renderer.AbstractITextBookRenderer.rend
erBook(AbstractITextBookRenderer.java:142)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.book.DefaultBookDoxia.renderBook(DefaultBookDoxia.jav
a:126)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.plugin.DoxiaRenderBooksMojo.execute(DoxiaRenderBooksM
ojo.java:214)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManage
r.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLife
cycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(De
faultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:463)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFail
ures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycle
Executor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
        at
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.sink.PipelineSink.invoke(PipelineSink.java:55)
        ... 28 more
Caused by: java.util.EmptyStackException
        at java.util.Stack.peek(Stack.java:79)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.itext.SinkActionContext.getCurrentAction(SinkA
ctionContext.java:83)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.itext.ITextSink.text(ITextSink.java:1354)
        ... 33 more

This is waht I tried:

-------------------
pom.xml
-------------------
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
<artifactId>doxia-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.0-alpha-9</version>
<executions>
  <execution>
    <phase>pre-site</phase>
    <goals>
      <goal>render-books</goal>
    </goals>
  </execution>
</executions>
<configuration>
  <books>
    <book>
      <directory>src/site</directory>
      <descriptor>src/site/book.xml</descriptor>
      <formats>
        <format>
          <id>xdoc</id>
        </format>
<format>
          <id>pdf</id>
        </format>
        <format>
          <id>rtf</id>
        </format>
      </formats>
    </book>
  </books>
</configuration>
</plugin>

-------------------
book.xml:
-------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<book>
  <id>doxia-example-book</id>
  <title>XFire User Manual</title>
  <chapters>
    <chapter>
      <id>bind</id>
      <title>Bindings</title>
      <sections>
        <section>
          <id>bindings</id>
        </section>
      </sections>
    </chapter>
  </chapters>
</book>

-------------------
bindings.xml:
-------------------
<document>
  <properties>
    <title>Page Title</title>
    <author email="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">John Doe</author>
  </properties>
    <section name="bindings">
      ciao ciao gio
    </section>
</document>

"La presente comunicazione elettronica contiene informazioni aziendali non
private. Eventuali risposte alla presente potrebbero essere conosciute, per
motivi organizzativi e di sicurezza, dal personale di Postecom S.p.a."