I'm following the guidelines located here and trying to prepare our repository to be rsynced into the central repo.

http://maven.dspace.org/release
http://maven.dspace.org/snapshot

I have a few questions.

1.) by "release" do you mean that only true versioned releases (not snapshots) can be rsynced to the central repo?

2.) We have our own compilations of apache cocoon, lucene and other various jars (bouncy-castle, jena (hp) which we need to maintain slightly customized for our project. we keep these under our org.dspace groupId, is it ok to place "releases" of these third party jars in our groupId space?

      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.dspace</groupId>
         <artifactId>jena</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.dspace</groupId>
         <artifactId>handle</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.dspace</groupId>
         <artifactId>jargon</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.dspace</groupId>
         <artifactId>mets</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.dspace</groupId>
         <artifactId>bcprov-jdk15</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.dspace</groupId>
         <artifactId>bcmail-jdk15</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.dspace</groupId>
         <artifactId>lucene</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.dspace</groupId>
         <artifactId>tm-extractors</artifactId>
      </dependency>

thanks,
Mark

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology