24SevenOffice, the world leading web-based ERP system, has checked this mail
for viruses.
 Hi all,

I principle, I agree with those who say it is against "Best Practice" to have
mulitply source directories in a project.

However, I have run into this situation taking an existing project over to
maven an would like to hear your opinions/advice.

We have two projects, one under J2SE and one under J2ME (WTK). Common classes
have been organized in a seperate source directory which is shared by the two
projects.

Server application (J2SE project):
    server/pom.xml
    server/src/main/java
    commonplatform/src/main/java  (used by both project, but compiled
differently)

Mobile application (J2ME project):
    mobile/pom.xml
    mobile/src/main/java
    commonplatform/src/main/java  (used by both project, but compiled
differently)

This can be solved in several ways:
a) Defining 2 addition projects creating common-j2se.jar and common-j2me.jar
b) Using multiple sources using build-helper-maven-plugin from org.codehaus
c) Using <sourceModifications> in some way

Any good recommendations or opinions?

Regards,
Robert Bjarum