Hi

I attempting to migrate from  maven to maven2.

I have an existing project which creates a jar file and  a corresponding
.so file
I'd like to be avoid changing the existing directory structure  which looks
like

project  - (pom.xml )
project/src/java  - (*.java)
project/src/unix   - (*.c *.h)

the pom.xml is below
if I set the <packaging>  to  jar.  it creates the jar file
if I set it to .so  it creates the .so file

how do i get it to do both at the same time

thanks!
--joe

-------------------------------------
pom.xml -----------------------------------------

<project>
  <groupId>app</groupId>
  <artifactId>app1</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <!-- packaging>so</packaging -->
  <version>9.3</version>
 <properties>
    <compilerStartOptions>-g -fPIC</compilerStartOptions>
    <linkerStartOptions>-g -fPIC -mimpure-text -shared</linkerStartOptions>

<linkerEndOptions>-L/usr/lib/shared -lboost_signals-gcc -lboost_thread-gcc-m
t -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv</linkerEndOptions>
 </properties>
  <build>
    <defaultGoal>install</defaultGoal>
    <sourceDirectory>src/java</sourceDirectory>
    <testSourceDirectory>src/test/java</testSourceDirectory>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>native-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
        <configuration>
          <compilerStartOptions>

<compilerStartOption>${compilerStartOptions}</compilerStartOption>
          </compilerStartOptions>
          <sources>
            <source>
              <directory>src/unix</directory>
              <includes>
                <include>*.c</include>
              </includes>
            </source>
            <source>
              <directory>src/unix</directory>
            </source>
          </sources>
          <linkerStartOptions>
            <linkerStartOption>${linkerStartOptions}</linkerStartOption>
          </linkerStartOptions>
          <linkerEndOptions>
            <linkerEndOption>${linkerEndOptions}</linkerEndOption>
          </linkerEndOptions>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>