The Maven way is to use snapshots or version ranges for that.

-Gisbert

NiranjanG wrote:
Hi,
 Can anyone let me know, How I can load a property file in pom.xml.

For eg., in my pom.xml, I have to update the version of a dependency jar .
dynamically, which will be available in a global property file.

This is needed because, the component I work depends on 15 otehr componets,
and I do not have any automated way to know the latest versions of the
binaries published by them.
I decided to have a global property file, which contains all the component's
latest versions( which will be updated dynamically ,when they publish their
binary, and I want update my pom automatically with the values in that file,
so that I will not need to modify my pom everyday.

Your suggestions will be invaluable to me.
Thanks,
Niranjan

--
Gisbert Amm
Softwareentwickler Infrastruktur

1&1 Internet AG
Elgendorfer Strasse 57
56410 Montabaur

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Andreas Gauger, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Norbert Lang, Achim Weiss