Hello Stefan,
 thanks fo ryour reply...

well, i'll need to investigate more, as i have a different app running on
same machine in which i can successfully
run cobertura report
i think there *might* be issues with some jars i am including........ i'll
investigate more and post here......
i  just wish someone on this list had sam eproblem so he can point me to
something......

regards
 marco