I'm doing the source:jar creation on install, deploy as follows ...

<plugins>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>
<finalName>${project.artifactId}</finalName>
<attach>true</attach>
</configuration>
<executions>
        <execution>