I'm trying to build a ear structure containing war and
jar files.

I'm using maven-war-plugin instructions from
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-manifest-guide.html
(last part of this page) to create MANIFEST.MF.

Using :
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.foo</groupId>
      <artifactId>bar-jar1</artifactId>
      <version>${pom.version}</version>
      <optional>true</optional>
      <!-- goes in manifest classpath, but not
included in WEB-INF/lib -->
    </dependency>

works fine for bar-jar1, but if bar-jar1 has
dependencies, those dependencies are copied to
WEB-INF/lib.
I would expect those dependencies to be registered in
the MANIFEST.MF (they are !), but not to be included
in Web-Inf/lib.

Is it a bug ? Thanks for the help, I'm really
struggling with this ear building thing...