We have many projects that share a set of common XSDs. Is there a way to check these into a maven repo and use them as dependencies?

Note that the schema's are inter-related, e.g. a type in one file extends a type in a second file and uses an enumeration type defined in a third.

An example of the projects:

Project A parses XML files that come in off an FTP directory. (XSDs used by only by xml parser) Project B gets XML JMS messages where one section of the payload uses the shared XSD types. (XSDs used by XMLBeans to generate java objects) Project C defines a Web Service that uses the types in a SOAP message. (XSDs used by JAXB to generate java objects and by SOAP processor to validate messages.)

We only want one copy (of a particular) version to be the authoritative copy and to avoid manually copying in the resources to each project. Is there already some way to do this in maven, perhaps by 'installing' the XSD into the repo as an artifact? Is there a better non-maven way (that doesn't include using putting XSDs on a web server)?

Thanks,
-- Chris