Yes,

i've set maven opts up to 1024m.

- jens
Hi,

in the subject you say genereating the javadoc causes the OOME, but
judging from the log output it seems it's in the antrun-plugin
execution. Have you just tried invoking maven itself with more memory:

mvn -Xmx... or MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx...

-Tim

Mac-Systems schrieb:
Hello,

since yesterday we never generated Javadoc for our large Multiprojekt.
I included the javadoc plugin and run : mvn site
all is fine so far, javadoc is generated, but in a subprojekt which uses
the "generate sources"
phase to call some ANT script . Now i get exactly there a out of memory
Error.
Well, i do not believe the error comes from that ANT Plugin (i tested i
already), as Javadoc is the only thing
i changed to my pom for a while, below i tried to set the memory options
for the javadoc plugin whithout
any luck (i get again an OOM Error).

Someone can tell me what i am doing wrong there ?

               <plugin>
                   <version>2.3</version>
               </plugin>

..
           <plugin>
               <configuration>
                   <links>
                      <link>http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/</link>
                   </links>
                   <use>false</use>
                   <quiet>true</quiet>
                   <maxmemory>1024m</maxmemory>
                   <minmemory>512m</minmemory>

Following output i get:

[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: }]
[INFO] Executing tasks
    [echo] Generiere Sourcecode fuer Projekt...

init:

ejbdoclet:
PermGen space
ParameterImpl instances:   0
MethodImpl instances:      0
ConstructorImpl instances: 0
SimpleNode instances:      0
SourceClass instances:     0
XDoc instances:            0
DefaultXTag instances:     0
BinaryClass instances:     0
UnknownClass instances:    0
Total memory:    171
Free memory:    90
Try to increase heap size. Can be done by defining ANT_OPTS=-Xmx640m
See the JDK tooldocs.

Before i was using version 2.2 of javadoc Plugin, the output was more
like the standard java out of memory error.

I set also ANT_OPTS to an high value, also which now results.

Anyone can help ?

best regards,
Jens