Michael McCallum-3 wrote:

> I think the ultimate goal is that any artifact should be able to be
> checked
> out and built without the need to install anything...

That's my goal exactly. I'm trying to figure out if I can get maven to build
every module by automatically installing/updating all other modules it
depends on.
My question is: is it possible to compile and build single modules just by
specifying dependencys on other modules/projects? Or do these other modules
have to be jar-packaged first?
Because it seems to me that all dependencies have to be given in the form of
jar's.

Wayne Fay wrote:

> If these are all part of the same larger project, then you should
> probably have a parent pom with <modules> specified. Then when you
> build from the top parent, Maven figures out the correct build graph
> and things Just Work.

I go that going, but the project is rather large and I'm trying to avoid
having to build the whole project every time I change a single module.

thanx for your replies