I am trying to get my profiles to use the properties specified by the
POM. Is this possible? I have a POM that looks like:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
        <properties>
                <script>scripts/myScript.js</script>
                <engine>ruby</engine>
        </properties>
     <profiles>
                <profile>
                        <id>javascriptEngine</id>
                        <activation>
                                <property>
                                        <name>engine</name>
                                        <value>javascript</value>
                                </property>
                        </activation>
                </profile>
                <profile>
                        <id>jrubyEngine</id>
                        <activation>
                                <property>
                                        <name>engine</name>
                                        <value>ruby</value>
                                </property>
                        </activation>

For some reason the jrubyEngine profile does not get activated. (I can
tell by which dependencies get copied) Do I have to use this syntax:
${project.properties.engine}?

Roshan