Hi all,

I'm looking to setup a method for auto-deploying some project artifacts which have been packaged using the assembly plugin so they can be downloaded through the site.

Right now i'm generating a tarball of an artifact and want to have it copied to a web server directory so i can link to it on the project page for download. I was going to use the depoy plugin for this however this seems more like it should be used in conjunction with a maven repository whereas i was really just looking to save it to a simple directory.

Is this the general way to accomplish this or is there another plugin which i should be using? Am i right to think that a maven repository is the wrong way to store these artifacts since they're not the module generated artifacts and more of a custom packaged distribution?

Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks,
Cam