Dimitris Kapanidis wrote:
KedarMhaswade wrote:
Thank you. I somehow misread "directory" as an attribute of <resource>.

Regards,
Kedar

Saritha SV wrote:
Hi

For changing Resources  location you can give the following :

<build>
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>src/main/java</directory>

      </resource>
    </resources>
  </build>

This in my case cannot work, as the dependency is a module of the same project (it is an applet that needs to be put inside a war)

I tried it with maven-dependency-plugin injecting the dependency in the correct directory. All went well until the time of the release. During the release it was giving me a dependency not found error, since it was not installed yet (it is included in the same release). So I rejected that solution and went to maven-assembly-plugin. (hooked assembly in package and set "pom" packaging type).

Here is a more detailed description of my solution, maybe it can work in your case too:
   <packaging>pom</packaging>
           <plugin>
               <configuration>
               <appendAssemblyId>false</appendAssemblyId>
                  <descriptors>
<descriptor>src/main/config/assemble/webapp.xml</descriptor>
                  </descriptors>
               </configuration>
               <executions>
                   <execution>
<id>make-assembly</id><!-- this is used for inheritance merges --> <phase>package</phase><!-- append to the packaging phase. -->
                       <goals>
                           <goal>single  </goal><!-- goals == mojos -->
                       </goals>
                   </execution>
               </executions>
           </plugin>

and webapp.xml is:

<assembly>
   <id>webapp</id>
   <formats>
       <format>war</format>
   </formats>

     <dependencySet>
           <includes>
               <include>artifactName </include>
           </includes>
           <scope>provided</scope>
           <outputFileNameMapping>filename</outputFileNameMapping>
       </dependencySet>
</assembly>

You have to define the dependency in the pom.xml also. Hope it helps, although I don't consider it a clean solution.

Somewhere I read if I remember correclty that in the release plugin you should put install in the preparationGoals in special cases like this, but never tried it. Anyone had any similar problems?

and place the properties file in  the directory src/main/java .

Then the properties file will be incuded in your generated jar file .

Thanks
Saritha SV