JDK 1.4.2, Ant 1.5, Maven 1.0.2.

I developed an Ant script that uses an xslt task.  I tested it in the
directory where I put it, and it works fine.

I then went to another directory tree managed by maven, and executed
some code in my "maven.xml" in a subproject that calls "ant:ant" and
calls my build script from the other directory.  When I do this, I get:

        Provider for javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory cannot be
found

I read some notes that indicated that I need to copy "xalan.jar" to
$ANT_HOME/lib.  I don't have it there already, but I do have
"xml-apis.jar" and "weblogic.jar".

In any case, why does it work directly from the command line in the main
directory, but fail with that exception when called from maven in the
other directory?

Before I implemented the reference to the "xslt" task, the build script
previously used the "xmltask" library to do the same thing, and that
worked well enough, both directly in the build script directory and
remotely using maven.  I'm trying to get it to work with XSLT because
the xmltask solution gets OutOfMemory exceptions for some of the larger
test cases.