Hi,
Thanks for trying to help but the problem is with the multi-module project.
If I run mvn package from the module directory it works correctly.
If I run mvn package from the parent directory the line endings will not be
converted!
As I write I managed to get this working for a single file by starting the
source tag with a slash i.e.
<source>/src/..<source>
:-)