Most people solve these problems by implementing a Maven proxy like
Archiva, Artifactory, Proximity, etc.

And no, you cannot sync your local repository cache to create a remote
repository. There are some differences in the repos. Google for it or
search the list archives -- we've talked about this before.

Wayne