On Oct 17, 2007 5:00 PM, Dan Tran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> could you try this
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/solaris-maven-plugin/
>
> and give feed back?

I couldn't get this to work.  Looking through the docs as well as
finding this subversion repository ...

https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/sandbox/solaris-maven-plugin/

... it seems that not much is yet supported.  Here is some good documentation:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-0406

It would be great if all the special packaging files could be
supported, including at least these:

checkinstall
depend
pkginfo (appears to be already supported)
postinstall
postremove
preinstall
preremove
prototype (not sure how exactly this is currently implemented)
request

Also, I think it is vital to be able to customize owners (for
instance, default file owners to root:bin or some other id) without
having to assume those privileges during the build.

Normally (outside of maven) I run a shell script that utilizes
fakeroot to customize the staging directory with the required
user:group ownership followed by running pkgproto (still under the
same fakeroot instance) to generate the correct prototype.

But perhaps I'm missing how the above things would be achieved while
using this plugin.  I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Dave.