Should the following exclude the commons-logging class which is a
dependency of another module I depend on? If not how can I exclude this
dependent lib from my war.

     <plugin>
         <configuration>

<warSourceExcludes>/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.0.jar</warSourceExcludes>
         </configuration>
      </plugin>

On another similar note, the war plug-in includes the servlet-api and
jsp-api libraries in the war which shows the following in tomcat. Should
these be excluded automatically by the plugin to be inline with the spec

      <plugin>
         <configuration>

<warSourceExcludes>/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.0.jar</warSourceExcludes>
         </configuration>
      </plugin>

I'm using version 2.1 of the war plugin.

Thanks,
Paul