That's interesting. Isn't the JEE standard to store servlet classes under
WEB-INF/classes? What's the value of creating a separate JAR file for
servlets? It seems to me that this adds unnecessary complexity. Having
worked on several large projects, I've never seen servlets being packaged in
multiple jar files. I do see how this can be valuable for architectural
code, domain classes, services and repositories (DAO's). Any other
perspectives on this?