It's here:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-30

pdelaney wrote:
Hello;

I am building an executable jar file and I am trying to remove my
database.properties file from the jar because I want to control the
properties outside of the jar file.

In my build I execute  mvn package  I have the maven-dependency-plugin part
of the lifecycle to get all of my .class files into the target/classes
directory.   In that directory is my database.properties file.

Next the directory basically gets jared up via the maven-jar-plugin.   I
cannot seem to get the jar plugin to remove or not put the
database.properties into the jar.  Here is my jar plugin definition.  Any
help would be appreciated.
<plugin>
                 <configuration>
                        <archive>
                                <manifest>
                                     <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
<mainClass>com.putnam.fams.batch.BatchProcessMain</mainClass>
                                  </manifest>
                          </archive>
<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>
                           <excludeGroupIds>junit</excludeGroupIds>
                            <excludes>**/database.properties</excludes>
                    </configuration>
            </plugin>

The database.properties in the target/classes/database.properties directory
before jar happens.

In the excludes I've tried <excludes>**/database.properties</excludes>
<excludes>**/*database.properties</excludes>
<excludes>database.properties</excludes>

Nothing seems to work.  Is this a bug that anyone knows about ?
Thanks
Peter

--
Dennis Lundberg