I am using Archiva 1.0 running on Tomcat 6.0.14  (with Java jre1.6.0_03):
1) I create a pom with company details:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project>
        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        <groupId>de.ipcc.km</groupId>
        <artifactId>kmvorgaben</artifactId>
        <packaging>pom</packaging>
        <version>1.0.0</version>
        <name>bla</name>
        <organization>
                <name>IPCC</name>
                <logo>http://x.y.z.u:port/IPCC-logo.jpg</logo>
                <url>http://something</url>
        </organization>
</project>
2) I enter this information in the appearance-Screen.
3) After pressing save i see an exception report on my screen:
exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(DispatcherUtils.java:284)

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:202)

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)

com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:88)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.maven.shared.app.configuration.io.registry.ConfigurationRegistryWriter.writeCompanyPom(ConfigurationRegistryWriter.java:45)

org.apache.maven.shared.app.configuration.io.registry.ConfigurationRegistryWriter.writeConfiguration(ConfigurationRegistryWriter.java:32)

org.apache.maven.shared.app.configuration.io.registry.ConfigurationRegistryWriter.write(ConfigurationRegistryWriter.java:22)

org.apache.maven.shared.app.configuration.DefaultMavenAppConfiguration.save(DefaultMavenAppConfiguration.java:73)

org.apache.maven.archiva.web.action.admin.appearance.ConfigureAppearanceAction.execute(ConfigureAppearanceAction.java:70)
        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:358)

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:218)

com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:192)

4) When i go back, then I see the logo on the upper right side of archiva.
When I restart archiva anything is gone ... The logo is no longer there.
5) When I check the repo (a maven2-style-repo) I found a new file named
maven-metadata.xml in the directory de\ipcc\km\kmvorgaben\1.0.0 where before
was only my company-pom ... Strange ....

Did I something wrong? Is there a problem, because of my logo-entry in the
pom? Where can I place my logo entry? Or is this a bug?

Please help me ....

So long ...
Denis