Hi there,

I set up a mirror of repo1.maven.org/maven2 for my group and added the
following profile to the settings.xml file. The key point here is that I
overrided the "central" repository with my mirror, so that the "maven"s using
this profile will go to myrepo instead of repo1.maven.org/maven2 to find
artifacts.

It worked as expected: all the artifacts were downloaded from my mirror. And I
checked mvn help:effective-pom. The effective-pom was also as expected.

But when I tried "archetype:create" goal, maven tried to connect the "real"
central (repo1.maven.org) and downloaded artifacts although some of those
artifacts were available in the mirror.

Can anyone tell me how maven can find the "real" central repository even when
the original central in the SuperPOM is overrided in my profile?

Thanks!

Here is my profile in "settings.xml":
       <profile>
            <id>office</id>